FORUMS: list search recent posts

applying effects

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan Van Hove
applying effects
on Oct 26, 2016 at 1:36:24 pm

When I drop an effect on a videotrack in the timeline, it applys to all the underlying tracks aswell.
How to avoid this?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: applying effects
on Oct 26, 2016 at 7:14:06 pm

RAZOR BLADE the area you want to effect. So if it's one clip, razor the track from the head of that clip to the tail..if it's a small group, razor to include all in that group, then add the effect.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Oct 27, 2016 at 1:49:51 pm

or just add it directly to the item you want to effect rather than the track above it.

You can multi-select items on your timeline ...connected or not, and add double click the effect to add to multiple items at once.

I use Shane's method if i want to do 90 percent of a timeline, but if its only everyother shot...like camera A but not B, i'll do one of the other techniques.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Jan Van Hove
on Oct 28, 2016 at 7:13:14 am

This doesn't work I m sorry to say. I am applying the effect to a clip in let' say track V2, this is on top of another clip on V1.
Suppose a PIP of the clip on V2, then I want a page curl on this PIP. The curl takes also the clip on V1 which I do not want.

Jan

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 28, 2016 at 10:00:05 pm

Try having a track between them. The PIP on V3 and the other on V2. Sometimes this works. But one thing that's tough to deal with Avid is that often the effect you put on a clip on V2 will affect every clip below it...even though it's ONLY on V2. Odd...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Oct 29, 2016 at 4:14:41 pm

Pic in PIc doesn't typically affect the clip on a lower track...resize usually will.
Have you tried adding the curl first, and then alt add the pic in pic effect?

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]