FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to replace regular clips with multycam clips on the sequence???

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristjan Martis
How to replace regular clips with multycam clips on the sequence???
on Oct 12, 2016 at 5:07:16 pm

Hello

I wanted to ask a question about replacing regular clips with multycam clips on the sequence.
Basically what happened was that my director made a sequence with regular clips (he didn't know how to group two clips into multycam via inpoints). So he asked me later if I could replace the regular clips on the sequence, with the multycam ones.
I could write down the timecode of inpoint and outpoint from one of the clips on the timeline, and replace it with multycam clip. But the problem is that there are at least 20-30 different clips at the sequence, that I should replace. So it would take a lot of time.

Is there some kind of a quicker way to replace regular clips with multycam ones?

Thank you in advance,
Chris M

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: How to replace regular clips with multycam clips on the sequence???
on Oct 12, 2016 at 7:07:56 pm

Sorry, this will have to be done manually...no way to link one clip to a multiclip like you are wanting

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: How to replace regular clips with multycam clips on the sequence???
on Oct 13, 2016 at 12:59:46 am

It will go pretty fast. 20 or 30 is nothing. Just make sure you have the source timecode showing next to your record monitor. Jump from edit to edit. Load the clip in the source monitor, type the timecode, use replace edit (with that you don't even need marks) Hundreds would be bad, 20-30 will go by pretty quick.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]