Avid crashes at 'Initializng ACPL Effects - GPU Support Enabled'

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Doherty
Avid crashes at 'Initializng ACPL Effects - GPU Support Enabled'
on Sep 28, 2016 at 10:31:25 am

Hey folks.

I'm completely stumped.

I recently built a PC and ran a trial of Avid 8.6.1 and everything ran perfectly. Once the trial ended, I bought the student subscription which came with an update to 8.6.3. I also downloaded Resolve Lite 12.5. Everything ran smoothly.

That night I shutdown, and Windows did an update for stability improvements for the Windows 10 Version 1607 servicing stack. The next day I open Avid and it crashed. It crashes just on 'Initializng ACPL Effects - GPU Support Enabled'. I've tried various things, but Avid continues to crash.

I went back to version 8.6.1
I made sure my GPU driver was up to date
I removed plugins from your AVX2 folder - nothing changed. I placed them back

Everything else is running just fine on my computer such as Resolve, but I did uninstall it just to troubleshoot, but Avid continues to crash.

Specs are:

Radeon R9 380
8 GB Ram
i7-5820K
Windows 10 (64 bit)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Nick Verlinden
Re: Avid crashes at 'Initializng ACPL Effects - GPU Support Enabled'
on Oct 27, 2016 at 8:52:35 am

I have the same issue, except that on my workstation it never even worked in the first place. After installing the 8.6.1 trial, it got stuck at Initializing ACPL Effects, after updating the GPU driver (ATI RADEON HD7950) it now gets stuck at Initializing Composer Window. Davinci Resolve 12.5 is also installed on my system, for the rest it's a clean machine. To this point, I still have no solution for the problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]