FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't import MXF files

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Avi Lev
Can't import MXF files
on Sep 26, 2016 at 11:33:14 pm

I'm having a problem to import MXF files into the project. It's been shot using CompactFlash cards 32GB on Canon 100. Although I'm able to play it back on the LCD camera's screen, yet, I can't import them into the Avid project. (File>import)

I'm using Avid 8.4.5 on mac OS X 10.9.5

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks, Avi

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Can't import MXF files
on Sep 27, 2016 at 12:45:10 am

[Avi Lev] "What am I doing wrong?"

FILE>IMPORT is not how you bring this footage in. You need to first download the Canon XF AMA plugin for Avid...and then use AMA...or as it is called in 8.5.4...LINK. And you need to have the FULL CARD STRUCTURE for this to work.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Avi Lev
on Sep 27, 2016 at 6:44:29 pm

Thanks Shane,
Please forgive me, but what do you mean FULL CARD STRUCTURE ?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 27, 2016 at 7:50:11 pm

I mean, when they offload the card the camera recorded to, the FULL structure of that card must be maintained in order for many edit systems to bring in audio and video as well as the metadata like timecode. If the person offloading the footage, say, dug into the folders and only grabbed what they THOUGHT they might need, say just the video files or maybe video and audio, but none of the other files and just put them all into one folder., then the card structure wasn't maintained, and Avid won't be able to import the footage.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Avi Lev
on Sep 27, 2016 at 9:05:23 pm

I see what you're saying.
But there is a progress.
I managed to download the plugin 64 from the Canon site and it works fine.
However, The only way it will let me bring in the MXF files is by IMPORT !!! (the old way) .
When I tried the so called, new-way LINK TO MEDIA, an Avid note popped up saying "Unable to link to any clip at/ Volumes/ CANON XF / CONTENTS".
Now I'm really confused.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 27, 2016 at 10:24:36 pm

You don't need to go digging into the card backup...choose the main level of the card. So like "CARD 1" or whatever you call it. Don't go pointing at folders inside. Just the root level.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]