FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changed folder path to imported files -- not relinking

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Louis Waters
Changed folder path to imported files -- not relinking
on Sep 17, 2016 at 3:03:28 am

I changed the folder path to the imported files thinking I could simply relink the files later on. Based on other posts I've read I've been trying out the settings in the 'relink' box but with no effect.

I cannot do a batch re-import because one or more of the files are mixed frame rates.

Am I missing something here -- is there an easy way to relink files which are in the different named folders?

Thanks for your help,

Louis

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Changed folder path to imported files -- not relinking
on Sep 17, 2016 at 11:39:24 pm

Linking and importing are two different things and would have different resolutions to this issue. Please clarify how you originally brought them in.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Sep 18, 2016 at 12:50:00 pm

If you originally imported a file, and you now want to relink you need to make new link versions of those files, then relink your sequence to those new links. I dont think you can relink directly imports to links.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Louis Waters
on Sep 20, 2016 at 1:26:11 pm

Hi Glenn

Yes they are imported files. How would I go about making new link versions of those files and relinking the sequence to the new links? I can do it easily with AMA linked files but I'm not sure with imported files etc.

Louis

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Sep 22, 2016 at 3:52:04 pm

You will have to separate out the mixed frame rates and batch import accordingly.

Put all the master clips you need to batch import into one bin. Make the FPS column visible. Select only the clips that match your project frame rate, then Batch Import those. Create a project in the other frame rate(s). Open the bin in the other project and batch import.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]