FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I list the offline items in a sequence that was shared with me so that I can get those files sent to me?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Keating
How do I list the offline items in a sequence that was shared with me so that I can get those files sent to me?
on Sep 15, 2016 at 4:40:13 am

Hi,

I just received a timeline for a feature film. In it, roughly 5% percent of it is offline. That adds up to about 100 items. How can I create a bin with these items to send back to the person that sent the sequence so that he can get me those files?
Or perhaps any other workflow that you guys would suggest.

Best,

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
Re: How do I list the offline items in a sequence that was shared with me so that I can get those files sent to me?
on Sep 15, 2016 at 8:27:44 am

Create a new bin with just the seq in it. Under bin display turn on show reference clips. The bin will now fill with master clips used in the sequence. Enable the offline column heading and sort by it. You now have all the offline clips in a group. Select them and drag to a new bin.thats your bin of offline clips. Remember to turn off show ref clips in the seq bin.

Pat Horridge
Broadcast & Post Consultant, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online http://vimeo.com/channels/752951
pat@vet.co.uk

Return to posts index

John Keating
Re: How do I list the offline items in a sequence that was shared with me so that I can get those files sent to me?
on Sep 15, 2016 at 12:10:34 pm

Pat,

Thanks so much. I was hoping for something this simple. On the other side, when I hand him this bin is there an equally simple way of gathering those files or does he have to go in and reveal file for everything and then copy paste?

Best,

John Keating

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Sep 15, 2016 at 1:25:08 pm

The other side makes a sequence of the clips, then goes to do an AAF export of the sequence and select "copy" media to a folder via settings. This will eliminate the consolidate and creating .new clips. But consolidate is another method as well.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]