FORUMS: list search recent posts

MC8 need to conform small sequence in Media composer - work flow query

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zoe Westley
MC8 need to conform small sequence in Media composer - work flow query
on Aug 25, 2016 at 10:34:28 am

Hi everyone

I have just edited a feature film. We have one small sequence which i would like to conform myself because it is quite FX heavy. I would then like to supply that sequence to the Conform/DI team as a VFX. The sequence needs to be delivered at 4K.

Would it be possible to create an ALE or AFF of the sequence - open a new 4K project - import ALE/AFF and then import/link to the media? then adjust sequence then export as DPX files. any suggestions would be appreciated

thanks

Zoe

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: MC8 need to conform small sequence in Media composer - work flow query
on Aug 25, 2016 at 12:57:13 pm

No need for an ALE. Create a project type that matches the XY of the sources you are conforming. Dupilcate the portion of the sequence you want to conform as 4K. AMA link all your camera originals, etc. Highlight the sequence and the camera originals, right click the sequence and select "relink" and do a "relink to selected". You may need to fidget with settings in there to make sure it works, but it will.

From there, remove any color correction, LUTs or the like (check with whomever is doing the color) and export as DPX. The timecode in the DPX will match the sequence timecode.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]