FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cannot AMA link to AVCHD Files in Avid MC 8.3

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Reena Mang
Cannot AMA link to AVCHD Files in Avid MC 8.3
on Aug 25, 2016 at 8:32:50 am

Wondering if anyone can help!

I'm running Avid 8.3 on Mac OS X and I cannot AMA link to an AVCHD file (from a Sony A7S II) . I copied the folder structure exactly from the card. I could not AMA link to the root folder (the folder 1 step above the PRIVATE) folder or a folder 1 step above the root, or the private folder. What am I missing? I thought AVCHD plugins come with avid 8 (I see it in my plugin drop down). I also tried selecting the AVCHD (folder) plugin. I also cannot AMA link directly from the card.
I keep getting the 'No Clips found' error :(

I'd appreciate any insight. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Cannot AMA link to AVCHD Files in Avid MC 8.3
on Aug 25, 2016 at 6:10:27 pm

Make sure there are no / or other illegal characters in any of the folder or file names.
Are you sure it is AVCHD or XAVC-S? If the latter, there is no Avid or Sony support for it directly via AMA in Media Composer. You need to either get a $99 plug-in from Drastic Technology (MediaReactor) or prepare the files before hand with EditReady or use Resolve, Adobe Media Encoder etc. to transcode to an Avid supported codec.

Michael

Return to posts index

George Cuddy
Re: Cannot AMA link to AVCHD Files in Avid MC 8.3
on Aug 26, 2016 at 6:40:30 am

Hey Reena,

We ran into this same problem a few weeks back. Turns out the Sony A7S II can shoot AVCHD footage in the X-AVC-s codec, which is currently unsupported by Sony's AMA plugin for all the sony formats. We converted the AVCHD files into Quicktime ProRes LT files through Adobe Media Encoder. The new converted quicktime .mov files AMA linked and transcoded without any problems.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]