FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nuendo BWAVs into MC 8.5.3

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Ryan
Nuendo BWAVs into MC 8.5.3
on Aug 25, 2016 at 3:56:39 am

I was wondering if there are any Media Composer users out there who are often integrating BWAVs made from Nuendo.
I can successfully Link to BWAVs made from ProTools without any problem, and have been for quite a while, through various versions of MC.
I haven't had to Link to files from Nuendo for some time, but I am now and will be for some time to come, on a new series.
Check my system details but please be aware that my MC is within an Interplay environment (which colours some issues.)

Currently, when I Link to a wav from Nuendo, I get this error immediately:

The file is playable and can be edited into a Sequence, but overtime I check in the file or sequence, the error comes up again.
My workaround is to simply import the file and use it in the same way.
I don't know where the error is - MC, Interplay or Nuendo - and although I can import the files and make them work, I need to send these files to external clients, so I need to know that they will not have the same/similar problems with them, in MC or any other application.

Thoughts anyone?

- - - - - - - - -
Neil Ryan
Senior Finishing Editor
WTFN

OS 10.11.4 Mac Pro
Media Composer 8.5.3 with Symphony & Interplay 3.4 AvidFX 6.4
Neat Video 4.1.4 ISIS5500

- - - - - - - - -

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Nuendo BWAVs into MC 8.5.3
on Aug 25, 2016 at 5:55:03 pm

It may be an issue of AMA audio linking and the check in process. Personally I import all audio all the time as I need to 1/4 frame sync which linking/consolidation/transcode does not allow, but that may not be a need in your case.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]