FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing After Effects text layers into AVID Media Composer Marquee Title tool

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sivakumar Annamalai
Importing After Effects text layers into AVID Media Composer Marquee Title tool
on Aug 24, 2016 at 10:50:14 am

Hi All,
I am working as a Project Manager in an Animation company, and I mostly work on making marketing videos and Virtual Instruction manual videos. I use After Effects for all my projects. Recently I learned that text files can be imported to AVID Media Composer Marquee Title tool to generate multiple copies of the Title with same style. I am really impressed as I need it for a purpose.

I am facing a challenge when making an Instruction manual video which has to be presented in multiple languages. How I am doing it now is, to change each and every titles/text layers from one language to another one-by-one manually. This is time-consuming as well as leads to mistakes as well.

I am just curious if I will be able to import the After Effects Titles and text layers into AVID Media Composer Marquee Title, as editable text layers, so that I can replace the respective titles using other language text which is in separate text file or a spreadsheet. As far as I heard, there are some large-scale European companies (like Bosch, Siemens, etc.,) they use this kind of tool through which they can import the After Effects project into it, and convert the text to another language as they wish. I am not sure whether this is the same "Title Tool" they use. Someone please help me. Your help is much appreciated!!

Regards
Sivakumar Annamalai

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Importing After Effects text layers into AVID Media Composer Marquee Title tool
on Aug 24, 2016 at 2:25:07 pm

I have never used Marquee, and certainly not in that manner. If I remember correctly, text was imported via some Pearl script type process, but I may be wrong. That is something to look up in the User Guide. Maybe someone here has done that and can chime in.

Perhaps a plug-in might have that capability? Boris, other?

Michael

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Importing After Effects text layers into AVID Media Composer Marquee Title tool
on Aug 24, 2016 at 6:18:41 pm

Also not really sure about that workflow. I know titler pro v4 has a nice interface to use templates for multiple tiltes in the timeline, but i don't think you can import a text document to create those multiple instances.

For your workflow, it kinda sounds like you want to take a function that Marquee has (importing a text document from word or likewise, and instead, import a finished AE project into Marquee, and then import a text document into that. Am I understanding that correctly? Even if the text document side works, i don't think you can import AE projects in to Marquee, so you would be starting over.

Fusion used to have a nice script available that would take an excel spreadsheet and pretty much do exactly what you are attempting. Again, you would need to create your style in Fusion from scratch. Unfortunately since Black Magic took it over, there have been numerous reports that the script no longer functions.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Sivakumar Annamalai
on Aug 26, 2016 at 4:49:39 am

Hi All,
Thanks for your responses

This following link explains the capability of AVID Media composer to import text document through AutoTitler tool. However, I just wanted to know if it is possible to importing an After Effects file.

Regards,
Sivakumar Annamalai

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]