FORUMS: list search recent posts

A single batch of footage from a large project has become unplayable after a version update error: Assertion failed

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy See
A single batch of footage from a large project has become unplayable after a version update error: Assertion failed
on Aug 22, 2016 at 1:43:07 am

So I'm a lowly assist working at one branch of a documentary project with multiple branches around the country. It's pretty much just me here, so anything I can do to resolve issues myself is helpful because it's limited support that can be offered.

I am contracted on and off on this project, since I last worked on it, Avid has evidently been updated from something like v8.4 to what is now 8.6. So far everything is working just fine and sometimes even better than before, however a particular batch of footage from one camera on one day causes errors if any of it is attempted to be played back and if enough of these errors accumulate, the whole application crashes. This footage was previously playable and I discovered the issue when attempting to play back a sequence I'd already made using this footage before. The footage also comes from one of the project's main cameras which has been used on every other of the project and is playing just fine in those cases.

The camera is an FS5 producing XAVC footage. The project is entirely AMA linked and though I tried simply AMA linking the footage again in another bin, the problem remains.

If I try to play the footage normally, load it in to the source monitor, or preview a frame using the position indicator on any part of any of the footage except for the first frame I'm presented with the same two error messages multiple times over and if it happens enough, the message begins to appear any time the command key is depressed, or any time I attempt to save until eventually Avid hangs.

The messages are along the lines of

Assertion failed

and then

Exception: Fatal_error, msg: Assesrtion Failed

Here are screenshots of the exact messages:

http://imgur.com/RhuYseU

http://imgur.com/HmEWiMs

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: A single batch of footage from a large project has become unplayable after a version update error: Assertion failed
on Aug 22, 2016 at 12:14:28 pm

Make sure you update all your Sony AMA plug-ins as I believe there were news ones released with for the 8.5 release.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]