FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pitch shift audio AMC 7

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Bright
Pitch shift audio AMC 7
on Aug 18, 2016 at 5:17:26 pm

Hi guys... I had some 30fps sync archive come in that's been converted to 25fps and so the audio pitch has changed.

How can I pitch shift the audio in my timeline back to normal?

Thanks ks in advance.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Pitch shift audio AMC 7
on Aug 18, 2016 at 7:15:16 pm

First of all, get the exact percentage and pitch correction via my handy dandy spreadsheet:
http://24p.com/wordpress/?p=195

For example, was it 30.000 or 29.97?

Then you use the pitch shift audiosuite plug-in to correct. Once you have it set, save it to the bin as a preset.

Michael

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Aug 18, 2016 at 9:06:49 pm

It also depends on how the conversion was made. If using Avid's native Mix&Match, it maintains duration (48kHz) so there is no pitch shifting gong on, just a reshuffling of frames/fields through a motion effect to make picture match. In that case, no need for audio pitch correction.

Michael

Return to posts index

Sarah Bright
on Aug 19, 2016 at 8:48:15 am

Awesome... Very handy dandy indeed! Thank you!

I've never used the pitch shift audiosuite plug-in Avid media composer and I can't seem to get it to make a difference in the pitch at all.

I have gain, coarse, fine, ratio, crossfade, min pitch and accuracy but not sure which to adjust and I can't seem to find any tutorial videos for it either.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Aug 19, 2016 at 12:42:41 pm

Have you determined what type of conversion is being done? If using Avid's Mix and Match, the audio never gets adjusted, thus no need for pitch correction. If the conversion is changing the duration as you find with frame for frame adjustments using the source settings playback, then there can be a pitch shift.

Depending on the amount of pitch adjustment used, it is hard to notice the difference. For example, 24->25 is .7 semitone adjustment and unless you have perfect pitch, will most likely not hear the difference.

An easy way to hear whether it a sound element is being affected. create some 1K tone and add to events to the timeline. Adjust one of them with pitch shift. You will hear the difference at the cut point. It may still be hard to tell in cases of .1% as with 24->23.976.
Once you've got it, save it off to the bin.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]