FORUMS: list search recent posts

MC on two computers

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ewan Michael Riley
MC on two computers
on Aug 8, 2016 at 6:35:50 pm

I plan to buy a new computer soon and want to run MC on it, rather than on my current one. Am I correct in assuming that I can install MC on both computers but since I have only one license, I can activate MC on either one or the other computer?

I have a Media Composer for Education perpetual license but no longer have an Upgrade and Support plan.

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
Re: MC on two computers
on Aug 8, 2016 at 6:54:37 pm

[Ewan Michael Riley] "I plan to buy a new computer soon and want to run MC on it, rather than on my current one. Am I correct in assuming that I can install MC on both computers but since I have only one license, I can activate MC on either one or the other computer?

I have a Media Composer for Education perpetual license but no longer have an Upgrade and Support plan."

Assuming the Education license works like the normal perpetual license then the answer is yes. You deactivate it on one and activate it on the other.

Take it EZ,
Robert

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: MC on two computers
on Aug 9, 2016 at 1:48:39 pm

Your educational license would not have expired. I believe it offered you a slightly different upgrade path to a full license at the end of the 4 years...if it was one of the older 4 year educational ones.

So yes, you can deactivate and activate it to yours hearts content. Just remember you have to deactivate it on the one before you can activate it on the other. This can be a bit of a hassle if the computers are not in the same building, and you forgot to deactivate on the one that you don't want to use right now.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]