FORUMS: list search recent posts

59.94 Frame Rate in Media Composer

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Williams
59.94 Frame Rate in Media Composer
on Aug 8, 2016 at 1:26:52 pm

I have some footage shot with the GH4 and recorded with an Odyssey 7Q+ at 1080P 59.94, when footage plays back at half speed in 29.97, Audio was recorded using a Zoom recorder but to sync is out as video plays at 1/2 speed in 29.97 time line and even in a 59.97 timeline. What can I do to get the video to play at right speed to match audio or transcode Video to 29.97?

Terry

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: 59.94 Frame Rate in Media Composer
on Aug 8, 2016 at 5:41:38 pm

Sounds like the footage was somehow flagged to record at 29.97 slow motion. Like you shot 59.94, sent the signal out as 59.94, but recorded at 29.97, slo motion. I know some cameras, like the Panasonic P2 cameras, had an internal setting to do this...so I wonder if that is what happened here.

What format does that external recorder record? A format you can play back in Quicktime or another player? Does it play at normal speed there, or slow motion? If slow motion, then that's the answer....it was flagged to record as slo-mo.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Aug 9, 2016 at 1:51:28 pm

have you tried a 200 percent timewarp? Pain in the butt if you have a ton of footage, but might be the easiest fix.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Aug 9, 2016 at 3:01:39 pm

Another possible fix would be to open the clip in a 59.94p project, go to source settings and set play rate tab to "project" then transcode to a new source clip.

Michael

Return to posts index

Terry Williams
on Aug 18, 2016 at 12:39:11 pm

Thanks for the reply, I used the timeworn feature to get it to play properly but now that causes a different is issue. My project is roughly 1 hour long and MC is telling me that it will take 8 hours to render it out, so I'm trying to do a quicktime reference file so I can use Squeeze to create my file to deliver to my client but MC spits out the file but the size reads 0. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong. The converted clips clips are AMA linked, should they be imported? They show up colour coded in yellow. Tried changing project frame rate but no go. Clips are 29.97 1080P. Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Aug 18, 2016 at 2:23:12 pm

When you say "render out", to what format?

It is typical that a QT reference file be very small as it is only a file that points to the media, not the media itself. If you open the exported QT reference in Squeeze, you should see your program.

I have resorted to using OP1a exports and encoding from there as I have blogged about here:

http://24p.com/wordpress/?p=278

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]