FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mixdown hell

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fielding Mellish
Mixdown hell
on Aug 5, 2016 at 4:50:07 am

Hey everyone!

Currently on a job where client wants spot mixed down to stereo and then split to 2 mono tracks L/R.

The only problem is when I first mix it down with the stereo setting on, only one track results. Shouldn't there be two? What am I missing? Also, once I try to put that track into my timeline, it places itself as a source track but on like the 3rd or 4rth track if that makes any sense! It also seems to lock itself in place and I can't move it and connect it to my track 1 record. Sorry. Hard to explain. Hope someone out thee hears my SIS. Thanks

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
Re: Mixdown hell
on Aug 5, 2016 at 12:29:12 pm

In MC a stereo track is a singke track with stereo in it. Ideal for music etc as you can apply chamges to both channels in one go.
You can't edit a stereo track to any track other tgan a stereo track. Sounds like your timeline has mono tracks. So MC won't let you patch to them. It will make a new stereo track to enable the edit
2 ways to do it. Modifiy the stereo clip in the bin to dusl mono or right click on tge stereo track in the timeline and select split to mono.

Pat Horridge
Broadcast & Post Consultant, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online http://vimeo.com/channels/752951
pat@vet.co.uk

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Mixdown hell
on Aug 7, 2016 at 4:19:18 pm

When you did your original audio mixdown, you could have selected dual mono and told Avid which two tracks to assign the new mixdown to as well. Then on your output, you could select direct out, and get only those two channels to leave the box.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]