FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making filler track visible

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Koken
Making filler track visible
on Aug 5, 2016 at 4:25:07 am

Hello folks. This is insanely embarrassing of me to ask, but how the heck do I make my filler track visible in my timeline??? Every timeline I see from other editors clearly shows the filler track. I add filler and the track stays invisible. Maybe I have to add an effect to make it visible? I've looked in so many forums and haven't seen anything. Help! Thanks very much

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
Re: Making filler track visible
on Aug 5, 2016 at 12:24:26 pm

What are you trying to achieve?
A track with just filler serves no function unless you have an effect on it like a reformat or safe color limiter.
Add an effect to an empty track and MC will add filler.

Pat Horridge
Broadcast & Post Consultant, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online http://vimeo.com/channels/752951
pat@vet.co.uk

Return to posts index

Fielding Mellish
on Aug 5, 2016 at 12:53:28 pm

Thanks so much Pat. I'm new to the filler world and do love the fact that it acts like an adjustment layer. I always thought that there was an added benefit to filler bit I guess not. So many forums seem to suggest that. If I can just put an effect on an empty track, what is the use of the filler function? Anyways my only real concern is that I of course need to see the filler track in any case! Hope it's a nice day in England!

Return to posts index

Fielding Mellish
on Aug 5, 2016 at 1:00:14 pm

hey Pat. Just a short footnote to my last reply. I meant to say that what is the use of an add filler function if once you do the track is invisible until you add an effect? It just confuses me since if that's the case, it seems so much simpler to bypass the add/load filler task. Unless I am misunderstanding which is entirely possible!

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Aug 7, 2016 at 4:16:49 pm

You can add an empty track anytime you want. The term filler is really just a name being assigned to that empty track once you add some sort of effect to it. As an actual object that you can call up "Filler Track" doesn't exist.

When you load filler in the source side, that is more intended to add empty space inside an existing video track...to space out a black hole in between two other shots. We used to need it to add blank space to the top of a sequence, but eventually Avid came up with "add filler to start", (i think that still exists)

Glenn

Return to posts index

Fielding Mellish
on Aug 7, 2016 at 6:07:07 pm

Thanks Glenn. Amazing how such a basic answer is so hard to discover on the www

Cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]