FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nesting two tracks and applying a Timewarp Effect in 8.4.2?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Thompson
Nesting two tracks and applying a Timewarp Effect in 8.4.2?
on Jul 29, 2016 at 8:45:59 pm

I have a video layer on V1 and a matte key on V2 that needs to stay in sync.
Is there a way I can nest V1 and V2, keep them in sync and apply a time warp effect so I can speed up and slow down the footage? If not is there a work around?
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Nesting two tracks and applying a Timewarp Effect in 8.4.2?
on Jul 29, 2016 at 10:08:20 pm

[Bob Thompson] "Is there a way I can nest V1 and V2, keep them in sync and apply a time warp effect so I can speed up and slow down the footage?"

No, sorry.

[Bob Thompson] "If not is there a work around?"

Yes, but it's one that really messes with online. So if you are offline cutting, at offline resolution, don't do it. That would be to do a VIDEO MIXDOWN of the two layers, and then apply the TIMEWARP to that. But again, that's dangerous going into online. You lose any and all connection to the original footage and masters.

You can also do this outside the app...get the master footage or very high quality conversions and do the stuff in After Effects. Or bring that in full res, do it in Avid, and make that video mixdown an element for online.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Nesting two tracks and applying a Timewarp Effect in 8.4.2?
on Jul 30, 2016 at 3:53:20 pm

You should be able to apply your time warp to track 1, then open the motion controls and drag the time warp clip to a bin to save the settings.

Double click your matte effect to reveal the alpha inside it, and drag the time warp effect to that channel.

If that does net work you can copy and paste the contents of the matte key onto your timeline so that it doesn't have the key effect attached to it, just the alpha pass, add the time warp, then alt drag a new matte key effect to it.

I used to time warp keys with separate key and fill layers all the time. I believe that is basically what you are trying to do?

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]