FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sharing footage avid to avid.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Keating
Sharing footage avid to avid.
on Jul 21, 2016 at 2:22:44 am

I have a large 5 hour file that I have sub clipped into about 30 clips. How do I send the original file in s way that he can link the subclips. The clip has been consolidated into an mxf file. Ty for the help.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Sharing footage avid to avid.
on Jul 21, 2016 at 5:20:02 am

Make a bin for this clip. Drag the clip into that bin. Save that bin. Click on the clip and right-click and choose REVEAL IN FINDER. A window will open and the media will appear highlighted. Send the bin and those MXF files to the other person. That person will then have to put the media into the Avid Mediafiles structure on their end.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Jul 22, 2016 at 2:18:02 pm

remember that if your clip has audio, you will have to give him all the files in the folder with that name base...one will have a V in the name to indicate V, but you should also see 2 or more directly under or above it with A in the name to indicate those are the audio files.

When you first hit the reveal button, Avid will only show you the first of those files. If you go back to avid, it may then say reveal next?...so that might help you a bit as well.

Glenn

Return to posts index

John Keating
on Aug 5, 2016 at 2:59:32 pm

Thank you so much guys.

What about the subclips I have made. Do I place them in that bin as well?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 5, 2016 at 9:08:48 pm

Yes. The only way they can see the media, or clips, is if you give them the bins. I mean, they CAN make a bin and get the media in there, but ANY organization you do, they won't have unless you give them the bins.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

John Keating
on Aug 5, 2016 at 9:28:23 pm

Thank you. I just performed a test bin with the steps you laid out and it worked perfectly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]