FORUMS: list search recent posts

FC7 projects to MC 8.6 via Automatic Duck AFF - media offline / relink can't find it

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Stark
FC7 projects to MC 8.6 via Automatic Duck AFF - media offline / relink can't find it
on Jul 12, 2016 at 8:47:45 pm

I've several projects with multiple sequences begun in FC7 which are still active. I've just installed MC 8.6 and would like to transition the projects. Using my old copies of Automatic Duck (Thank you Wes.), I exported AAF files to my desktop. I was able to import the AAF via the MC Source Browser. The sequence appears to be correct in the timeline, all the media files appear in a bin but are offline.

The most of the original media is on an external RAID under the FC Documents folder and within that folder, broken into many other folders. There are additional rendered files from AE in other folders on the RAID.

I've updated all the AMA plugins.

I've tried to select all and relink, but MC can't find the files. I've Relink set to load media database, relink selected master clips, set the Source Name to "Source File Name" and ignore extensions. Video parameters set to "Any HD video format" and highest quality. No luck finding any of the files searching "All available drives."

Using Source Browser, I can easily locate the files, import them into MC and play them. What I can't seem to do is relink the hundreds of files by having MC just search the RAID.

Any suggestions?
David

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FC7 projects to MC 8.6 via Automatic Duck AFF - media offline / relink can't find it
on Jul 12, 2016 at 9:56:59 pm

You can't export an AAF from FCP 7, bring that into Avid, and have it reference the original media via AMA. Sorry, that won't work. What you need to do is use the option in the DUCK export to TRANSCODE all of the media to Avid MXF media, and then put it into the Avid File Structure...Avid MediaFiles>MXF>1.

That is the only way this will work. Sorry, but you can't work off the original files, only transcodes.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]