FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting Subtitles with Transparency

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Federico Hidalgo
Exporting Subtitles with Transparency
on Jul 1, 2016 at 1:56:28 pm

Hello,

I have my subtitles ready to export from an Avid 8.5.1 project. I'm trying to create a QT 444 transparency. Is there a way to do that from Avid?

The objective is to add the subtitles to a DCP. The online will be done in Resolve.

I've been advised that I can simply keep the black background (no transparency) in the QT file, and then use a blending mode in Resolve to overlay the titles on the picture. But I don't want to lose the black outline on the subtitles.

Thanks,

FH

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
Re: Exporting Subtitles with Transparency
on Jul 2, 2016 at 8:23:15 am

Pretty sure a DCP can take subtitles serperatly so display is optional like a DVD subtitles.
Never had much luck with subtitles and alphas. Always looks crude.
If you use the subcap effect in Avid you start with a subtitle list with timings that can be used for the DCP. Possibly even Resolve. If you created each title individually you are stuck.

Pat Horridge
Broadcast & Post Consultant, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online http://vimeo.com/channels/752951
pat@vet.co.uk

Return to posts index

Federico Hidalgo
Re: Exporting Subtitles with Transparency
on Jul 6, 2016 at 12:31:16 pm

Hi,
For this project, I need to create "burn-in" subtitles for each DCP. I currently have the titles ready in subcap effect, placed on the track, and ready to export. But I can't find a way to do it with an alpha channel setting. I guess I'll have to find another application to create the 444 transparency with. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you,

FH

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]