FORUMS: list search recent posts

AUTO_TC_TROUBLE error busting my *ss

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthijs Molenaar
AUTO_TC_TROUBLE error busting my *ss
on Jun 22, 2016 at 9:14:36 am
Last Edited By Matthijs Molenaar on Jun 22, 2016 at 9:15:10 am

Well, After my previous post being resolved pretty quickly (Thanks for the replies guys) I ran into another problem.

For some reason, every time i sync on TC i get AUTO_TC_TROUBLE returned to me in that vague way MC always does.

I'll (basically) explain our workflow. We link everything into Avid, consolidate all the footage and import the audio. We alt-drag everything from one shooting day into a seperate Sync-Bin, where we sort based on timecode, select all and choose autosync. This usually gives us all the subclips that were just syncs and automatically highlights all the unsynced clips. These unsynced clips we highlight with a nice blue, so the director and producer can find all unsynced clips while spotting the footage. We delete al synced source footage from the sync-bin.

The problem is that, whenever this Auto TC error arises it will create subclips, but never highlights the clips that are either not synced yet or unsyncable, leaving between half and one fifth of the footage not marked or anything. The first few times i thought everything was synced so i deleted all the source footage from the syncbin. Now i don't really know what to do with it. Leaving it in the Bin will surely annoy the crap out of the director, but i cant go through all the timecodes to find out if there are syncable clips left because there are at least 177 per shooting day.

Anyone have any idea what this error exactly says (because MC will never explain anything, just annoy the living cr*p out of everyone trying to use it)?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: AUTO_TC_TROUBLE error busting my *ss
on Jun 22, 2016 at 2:28:30 pm

Try duplicating the START timecode into the AuxTC1 column, save, then AutoSync using AuxTC1 - that may help remedy this situation.

Michael

Return to posts index

Matthijs Molenaar
on Jun 22, 2016 at 2:49:43 pm

Thanks for the reply, Unfortunately i do not know of a way to batch-dupe the TC to Aux TC, and since this is about 177 different clips i will be busy copying and pasting for about three more days.

If there is a way to duplicate the TC's then i would love to hear it, because it would make this process a lot faster. I am currently going over all the subclips to look for duplicate clips and strange gaps in the TC. Still a lot of work, so ;)

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jun 22, 2016 at 3:04:11 pm

For all master clips:

1. Click START column, and column will highlight.
2. Command-D (OS X) or Control-D (Win)
3. Pop window appears. Select AUxTC1 from the list of columns.
4. Click OK

This is a batch process for copying columns to other columns.

Michael

Return to posts index

Matthijs Molenaar
on Jun 22, 2016 at 3:04:59 pm

Awesome, will try it out right now! Thanks a lot!!

Return to posts index

Matthijs Molenaar
on Jun 22, 2016 at 3:20:54 pm

Duping the TC to the Aux TC1 column didn't do the trick, but by using the autosync option from the clip menu on the top of the screen would still highlight the unsynced clips, so i could keep pressing that same autosync option in the clip menu untill all the usable clips are synced, so i can continue.

Although this is more like supressing a disease instead of curing it, it is a valid workaround.

Thanks for the input though, learning every day ;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]