FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing AMA linking options AVID 8.5

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthijs Molenaar
Missing AMA linking options AVID 8.5
on Jun 20, 2016 at 3:49:17 pm

Hi everyone, first post so go easy on me ;)

Now onto business. I work at a post-production company where we just recently updated all our macs to El Capitan, and also took the opportunity to upgrade our Avid Media Composer to 8.5.3.

The problem is that with 8.4 (the version we came from) we had the option to link entire folders of footage. Since we get about 5 to 6 days worth of footage to import every day, this was sort of a essential feature. But i can't seem to find it since we updated Avid. Note, we do have the used AMA-Plugin installed (in this specific case the Canon XF 64 Plugin for Avid Media Access), but i only get the option to import separate mxf files.

Unfortunately as mentioned above, there are about 60-70 clips per card (4 pieces). So to link each one manually is really not an option. Unfortunately selecting the canon XF plugin and selecting the card (which has the original file structure that the camera put in there) also is a no-go.

Anyone any idea how to get those handy folder linking features back? Or am I just missing something?

Return to posts index

Joseph Fulton
Re: Missing AMA linking options AVID 8.5
on Jun 21, 2016 at 6:36:15 pm

I believe if you click "Link to Media" (no more "Link to AMA File" and "Link to AMA Folder"), and then simply select the folder and click "Open", it will populate all files in that folder for you.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 21, 2016 at 7:07:25 pm

8.5 has two seperate options now...LINK TO MEDIA or LINK TO VOLUME. both in the INPUT menu. make sure to LINK TO VOLUME if you want to do the whole card.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Matthijs Molenaar
on Jun 22, 2016 at 8:56:01 am

Yeah i found it out ;) Didn't seem to work on the second of three macs for some reason (the one i tried first) but now all the material is linked, consolidated and ready for sync. Now to find out what AUTO_TC_TROUBLE means XD

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]