FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing an AAF

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Furie
Importing an AAF
on Jun 20, 2016 at 5:10:49 am

Hello,

I just got an AAF from a protools user with the attached media files (wavs) and a msmFMID.pmr file. When I import the AAF all of the small files are imported as well as the sequence (not sure if this is normal, because it is unnecessary). After trouble shooting / importing the attached files, the sequence does not relink to the media. When I try and relink just one small clip, it won't relink either, even when their online replicas are in a bin right next to it! Not sure if I need the other database file from the Protools Audio guy, or I can be using the database file I have in some way to get the wav files online.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Importing an AAF
on Jun 23, 2016 at 7:17:44 pm

Hmmm, the audio guy has given you an aaf and separate wave files? Not sure that will work. Avid would typically be building its data base around clips that are wrapped in MXF wrappers.

Have you tried selecting batch re-importing on the sequence, and pointing it to those wave files? From there Avid may be able to create the proper mxfs to let you run the program.

I usually just get the Protools engineers to send me a final mix (s) of the show, import them and lay them under my existing timeline. I've sent plenty of aafs out to sound, but i don't know if i've ever received one back.

If i send aafs from one program to another, it usually has embedded audio in the aaf.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: Importing an AAF
on Jun 24, 2016 at 11:12:33 am

You need to put those WAV files in the right folder structure for MC to see them.

X:/OMFI MediaFiles/12345xyz.wav

Note that this OMFI MediaFiles needs to be on the root of your media drive in order for MC to see it.
This is a _different_ folder from X:/Avid MediaFiles/MXF/.....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]