FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stutter/ Jumpy Footage

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Louis Waters
Stutter/ Jumpy Footage
on Jun 13, 2016 at 5:23:56 pm

I didn't really notice the problem until I was halfway through editing. I was sent Macbook camera footage which is 1080 by 720, a weird format. I AMA linked the footage in this custom project and then opened the bin in a 1280 by 720 30 FPS project. I letterboxed the footage and put a 3D warp on it to zoom in and get rid of the black bars on the side.

Now, I've noticed on the original AMA linked footage in the original project (1080 by 720) it seems to stutter. At first I thought the project might have been the wrong framerate. So I checked Quicktime movie inspector and it said:

Format: H.264, 1080 x 720
AAC, 44100 Hz, Mono
FPS: 30 or 29.99 (It differs every time I open it)

I thought it might be wrong if the footage was stuttering/ jumping. So, I made a project with the same parameters at 29.97 FPS... the same issue. I then began noticing it on the source footage.

The footage stutters in the source project window and I've tried altering the video quality menu to half green/ half yellow, full green and 10 bit green to no effect.

Just to point out, it doesn't stutter/ jump before I bring it into Avid. The first time I brought it in I swear it didn't stutter/ jump before I started editing it. But now it seems it does. I've run out of ideas.

Here is the original post: https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/45/904551

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]