FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems creating AAF containing audio using AAF SDK

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tobias Baechle
Problems creating AAF containing audio using AAF SDK
on May 31, 2016 at 4:11:14 am

Hi there,

we are trying to generate an AAF containing both video and audio data from separate MXF files, using the AAF SDK. I know this forum is intended for avid users and not really for developers but maybe you have an idea what the problem might be.
I'm trying to create an AAF that just has an audio clip loaded into the bin. The left and right audio channel is coming from separate MXFs which are linked together. When we open up the AAF in avid and try to play the audio clip, we get the "PMM_AUDIO_MISMATCH_FORMAT" error. If we now try to open up a working AAF created by avid itself that contains the same audio clip, it won't play that clip either. We only can see waveforms on audio track two and the first audio track has a clip that is completely blank (no waveforms). However if we open up the AAF created by avid first and after that open the AAF, generated using our AAF SDK wrapper, both play just fine. Does that ring a bell with anybody?
I thought it might have something to do with the PhysicalTrackNumber or the MobSlotID of the SourceMob being set incorrectly.
Any help and thoughts would be really appreciated!

Thanks!
Tobi

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Problems creating AAF containing audio using AAF SDK
on May 31, 2016 at 1:11:08 pm

Although I have a developer I work with, our product does not write AAFs just reads the for reporting purposes. I would suggest posting this on a the Avid community forums where there are several ones dedicated to developers.

I would post an URL, but the forums have been very very slow for me all weekend and never displays.

Michael

Return to posts index

Tobias Baechle
on Jun 1, 2016 at 10:02:12 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I already tried to do so but somehow could not register for a community account under their new Avid master account...

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jun 2, 2016 at 1:05:36 am

Why can't it just be easy? :)

send an email to Marianna asking how to sign up for those forums:

marianna.montague@avid.com

She is out for a few days with a family issue, but she will get back to you.

Michael

Return to posts index

Tobias Baechle
on Jun 2, 2016 at 8:45:35 pm

Great, thank you very much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]