FORUMS: list search recent posts

Consolidated files will not play.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Keating
Consolidated files will not play.
on May 28, 2016 at 2:13:06 am

I recently copied and pasted my avid media files folder onto a new drive and sent it off to a collaborator. He was able to link most of the files but a select few will not link. We have deleted the files and forced a refresh already.

He used the media tool and was able to find and play the files with it but no dice on getting them to link. We have also attempted moving the file into other bins to no avail. We have attempted relink as well. Any ideas.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Consolidated files will not play.
on May 28, 2016 at 4:02:43 pm

Two things. Your use of the term "link" is unclear, and i'm assuming you were able to play the files down on your system before shipping off the folders. Did you send him your project as well? (OK, maybe thats 3 things)

If the files are already in Avid Media form, and are in your MediaFiles folder structure...say a folder called 1...that folder should have a database within it, and that database is all you should need to read the files.

If he has your project as well, the files should just appear, as long as the database is correct. He might want to delete the database and get Avid to rebuild it...as long as the files are in a folder named with only numerical values, no letters.

This folder also has to be in the root of his drive with the correct naming conventions. /Avid MediaFiles/MXF/

If the files still don't show up, he can then drag the database into an empty bin, and it will populate the bin with the clips from that folder.

IF the files still don't show up, then we are going to be asking where they were created, and if your system read them properly.

You do not need to "link" to these files through Avid, if they are Avid MediaFiles

When you said he had trouble with some files, so he has already deleted them...how did he go about "refreshing" those files?

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]