FORUMS: list search recent posts

SC icon/Color Adapter...How to work with this?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Brother
SC icon/Color Adapter...How to work with this?
on May 25, 2016 at 6:11:07 pm

Hello All.

Editing on a MC V8.5. Working with 4K footage that was shot in SLog3 mode. (2 different cameras...a Sony F55 and an FS7)

After bringing the footage in, it has an icon atop it in the timeline that says "SC". When I move into effects mode, the effect editor calls it "Color Adapter". But it doesn't allow me to adjust it in any way. In fact, no parameters show up at all. This makes me think it is plug in that I do not have. Also I cannot remove it.
I believe it is causing a problem where it wants to color correct the S Log 3 image on it's own because when I apply a LUT, it's causing about 80% of the footage to be blown out to the point where half the image is not even viewable, let alone using a critical eye on it.

Can anyone explain what this is? And how it helps? I'm confused by this because I've never seen it pop up before.

Thanks in advance!

Dan

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: SC icon/Color Adapter...How to work with this?
on May 25, 2016 at 6:26:29 pm

Depending on your color management settings, a LUT may already be applied automatically. This is done via right click on clip or clips and choose "source settings". In there you will have 3 or more tabs depending on source file type. The color tab allows you to define source color space, add, remove, or bypass a LUT or change the order of operations of multiple LUTs are ASC CDL is applied.

Michael

Return to posts index

Dan Brother
Re: SC icon/Color Adapter...How to work with this?
on May 25, 2016 at 7:11:20 pm

Thank you very much for your quick response, Michael! It was exactly what I needed.

Dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]