FORUMS: list search recent posts

8.4.X Runaway playhead that won't stop until force-quit

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will Simon
8.4.X Runaway playhead that won't stop until force-quit
on May 25, 2016 at 7:04:29 am

Wondering if anyone else has seen this.

Basically...go to play a sequence. Starts playing. Can't stop it. Keyboard and mouse are unresponsive in Avid (read: they work elsewhere). The only way to regain control of Avid is to force-quit and cry over the lost work.

It's happened in three projects, on two MacPro's using different media and different media sources. The machines have all had AJA IoXTs attached.

I've tried full uninstall / reinstall. Removed the AJA. Switched to an Avid DNxIO. Removed the "OpenIO Virtualization Plugin." Even did the fun old "displays have spearate spaces" toggle that Avid Support loves ;)

Anyone seen this?

System:
MacPro6,1 with 64GB RAM, OS X 10.10.5
MC 8.4.4 and 8.4.5
AJA IOxT with 12.3 driver
Avid DNxIO with whatever the latest stable release driver was when I tried it in March
Happened with both local external Thunderbolt drives, as well as 10Gig shared storage

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: 8.4.X Runaway playhead that won't stop until force-quit
on May 26, 2016 at 1:56:32 pm

can you try a different keyboard and or mouse...could there be a stuck key somewhere?

Never had this happen on Avid. We used to get this on DS every now and then, and it had something to do with the tablet driver, but ive never had it happen on Avid.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Will Simon
on May 27, 2016 at 1:25:16 am

Doesn't seem to be a stuck key unfortunately. It's happening on at least two separate machines that I've seen, which makes it even harder to narrow down.

Now that you mention drivers one thing I didn't think about was the Wacom driver. I think I'll uninstall that next and see if it happens with just keyboard and mouse.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on May 27, 2016 at 5:11:56 am

Ahhh.I assumed you only had a mouse and keyboard.

The solution on DS was to slide the pen completely off the tablet surface...and then you would regain control.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]