FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid and Adobe Dynamic links

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rhys Sherring
Avid and Adobe Dynamic links
on May 24, 2016 at 3:20:12 am

So I just started learning Avid for the first time at Uni this semester. Usually I'm an Adobe user, but I'm enjoying learning the new industry recognized platform. I will be editing a short film later in the year and I'm contemplating using Avid. I edited my last short film in Premiere, and I loved the real time relationship it had with After Effects and Audition when I edited individual clips from the Premiere timeline.

Since I'm without experience with Avid, I want to ask how people go about working with After Effects when editing in Avid. Does one have to simply export the After Effects compositions then import them into the cut in Avid, or is there something similar to Adobe's Dynamic Link?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Avid and Adobe Dynamic links
on May 24, 2016 at 5:20:32 am

There is no dynamic link. You have to export a QT file from Avid, bring it into Adobe...do you work, export a QT file, AMA link and transcode that in Avid. If you are working in an offline codec, or want to send the master file, and not a compressed one, then you need to relink to the master file and send that as a QT to Adobe...

No dynamic linking. There WAS a product called AUTOMATIC DUCK that was built for the purpose of sending a sequence of files to After Effects and keep the timing, but that's no longer made.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Avid and Adobe Dynamic links
on May 24, 2016 at 12:34:32 pm

Sort of off topic, but another consideration is Blackmagic Fusion as well as After Effects. It has a steep learning curve, but a lot of functionality. For that scenario, I wrote a blog on using Resolve as a connector to Fusion via AAF. But as Shane said, no direct dynamic type links as between PPro and AE, or Resolve and Fusion.

http://24p.com/wordpress/?p=291

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]