FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Bin File changes to Document file

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nancy L. Sutton Smith
Avid Bin File changes to Document file
on May 22, 2016 at 9:35:47 pm

I moved a lost sequence out of Avid Attic into the Avid project, worked on it all morning, closed it without closing the project, and now it appears as a Document instead of an AVID Bin File as it was when I was working on it. And it no longer appears in my project. I have worked on this project on my Raid drive for over a year without this trouble. I just noticed that Avid said not to upgrade to El Capitan but I did. Could that be it?

Nancy L. Sutton Smith
Sutton Bay Media Company

Return to posts index

Nancy L. Sutton Smith
Re: Avid Bin File changes to Document file
on May 22, 2016 at 9:41:47 pm

The sequence had simply lost its extension so I just added .avb and it is now working. Am I handling the sequence incorrectly when I copy it from the Attic to the project?

Nancy L. Sutton Smith
Sutton Bay Media Company

Return to posts index

Michael Cummins
on May 22, 2016 at 9:48:39 pm

Can't say for Mac, but on Windows the bin files saved in the Attic typically have no extension. I always have to add the .avb to the filename once I copy it out of the Attic. Your OS could be trying to help you out by automatically assigning it a document extension.

Return to posts index

Nancy L. Sutton Smith
on May 22, 2016 at 11:23:33 pm

I bet that's it, thank you! Because it started with .avb but then lost it. And I saw that happen with two others so I will always add it from now on. Appreciate it!

Nancy L. Sutton Smith
Sutton Bay Media Company

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]