FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keep monitor at top of the sequence at all times

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Furie
Keep monitor at top of the sequence at all times
on May 20, 2016 at 8:10:04 pm

Is there a setting to keep the monitor at the top of the sequence at all times? My editor has a sequence where the monitor was on the first track and she duped the sequence. The monitor stays on the bottom track. Is there a way to have it always snap to the top of the sequence?

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Keep monitor at top of the sequence at all times
on May 21, 2016 at 4:36:13 pm

are you talking about the icon that dictates which video track to monitor? If so you can turn off "auto monitoring" in one of the settings tabs. This way the monitoring just stays where you put it.

Not in front of avid right now, but I think its in the timeline settings...maybe under an "edit' tab?

Glenn

Return to posts index

Sarah Furie
on May 21, 2016 at 7:41:32 pm

Yes but is there a way to always keep it at the top? Meaning if it is at the bottom and you make a duplicate, the duplicate timeline would show it on top?

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on May 21, 2016 at 8:33:45 pm

I'm not sure i totally understand.

If you turn off the "auto monitoring" switch, and then monitor the top track on your timeline, it will always stay there, until you turn it to something else. Not sure what duplicating the timeline has to do with this.

If you duplicate it, and the monitor somehow jumps to the lower track, put it back to the top track...again, if you setting is correct, it will stay there.

If you want one version on the lower track and a duplicate on the upper track, and the 1 second it takes to switch them over when you load the other sequence is too much time, then there may be a different issue :)

unless i'm totally misunderstanding your question.

Glenn

Glenn

Return to posts index

Sarah Furie
on May 21, 2016 at 8:47:34 pm

Thanks for your responses. You are right. Our editor wanted to be able to have the monitor icon on the lower track, duplicate the timeline and have the monitor automatically jump to the top track, but we know about automonitoring. As an AE I just wanted to research the topic and see if it was a possibility.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on May 21, 2016 at 8:55:26 pm

Might be best to simply monitor the top track..and turn off the upper track that they dont want to see. Duplicating the timeline seems like a weird way to avoid clicking a button on the timeline.

Any changes made would have to be done to both timelines.

Just my opinion...but we all have our own way of working.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]