FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting sequence/clip information for archival

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marissa Gouverne
Exporting sequence/clip information for archival
on May 19, 2016 at 7:52:58 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to get our archivist some information and having a rough time figuring out some decent shortcuts. I need to get my archivist a list of stills and footage we've used in a given sequence, along with the source in, source out, media in, media out, and duration. I've gotten as far as getting a bin with all of the pertinent master clips, so now I'm trying to set up a bin with the info I need so that I can then export out an EDL or CSV. Is there a quick way to get the sequence time codes for each clip to display in the bin view? Or the in/out of the source clips within the sequence? I've been trying to figure out a bin column that'll generate that information but can't find the proper one I need.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!
MG

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Exporting sequence/clip information for archival
on May 19, 2016 at 8:50:16 pm

You need to produce an EDL...or as Avid MC calls it now, the LIST TOOL. This will, unfortunately, give very limited information...pretty much only the reel, TC in and out of that reel, and TC in and out of the sequence. No clip name or anything. This tool was primarily used on ancient tape to tape systems.

There is a GREAT piece of software for this...but it's tied to Adobe, FCP7 and FCX....because it deals with XMLs. It's called SEQUENCE CLIP REPORTER, and it's by intelligentassistance.com. It's the best thing since sliced bread for footage tracking. But it doesn't work with Avid. You'll have to export an AAF from Avid and use something like Premiere Pro to import that and export the XML for this...or use the Boris AAF tool to bring that into FCP 7 or X....basically you'll need another NLE and possibly other tools to get this to the perfect piece of software.

If you don't have any of this...I can offer to do this for you for a small fee. I've done this for others as well. But hopefully you have access to the needed tools so you can do this yourself.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]