FORUMS: list search recent posts

Drop frame clips into a Non Drop Frame Sequence

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Furie
Drop frame clips into a Non Drop Frame Sequence
on May 14, 2016 at 3:10:06 am

Hello,

I have been searching for this answer and cannot find the answer. Is it a problem to have everything in a 1080p/29.97 project as drop frame, but then the sequences are non drop frame? When I press "new sequence" it automatically makes a non drop frame sequence so I started organizing my footage for the editor like this but the more I think of it, isn't this going to be a problem? Do I have to manually change a sequence to drop frame before putting anything on the timeline? Can I back track now?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Drop frame clips into a Non Drop Frame Sequence
on May 14, 2016 at 3:48:27 am

[Sarah Furie] " isn't this going to be a problem? "

Won't be a problem at all.

[Sarah Furie] "Do I have to manually change a sequence to drop frame before putting anything on the timeline? Can I back track now? "

No...and no need. You can change it at any time...but really, you don't need to. The only time you really need a DF timeline is when you are cutting in a sequence that will go to broadcast. So you have an exact and accurate timing.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Sarah Furie
on May 15, 2016 at 6:55:42 am

Thank you so much. I was so worried! Do you know of any articles that back this up so I have more piece of mind?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 15, 2016 at 10:10:46 am

This isn't usually the topic of any article. It's just something you learn on the job. Let's see if any other expert here can back me up.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Sarah Furie
on May 15, 2016 at 6:54:20 pm

Thanks! So, having drop frame and non drop frame clips in a sequence also shouldn't be a problem?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on May 15, 2016 at 7:14:01 pm

You can have mixed DF and NDF sources in a sequence. The sequence itself can only be DF or NDF and of a single frame rate, but sources can be mixed.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]