Photo composites?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marissa Gouverne
Photo composites?
on May 12, 2016 at 6:49:42 pm

Hey all!

I have semi-quick question--
I'm working on a documentary where I've been taking the stills through adobe after effects (for various reasons), outputting from there as MXFs, and then ingesting into Avid. We're moving on to the finishing stages of the project, and my director asked for composites from me to send to the finishing editors.

So in this case, do the composites refer to the stills themselves (many of which I've touched up in photoshop, so it makes sense they'd need those from me) or is it the MXFs from after effects that were then ingested into Avid?

Thanks for all the help,
MG

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Photo composites?
on May 12, 2016 at 7:32:49 pm

Ask the director...not us. He might be using terminology we don't get...because I don't know what he's asking for. And I'd hate for us to give you bad advice. Ask exactly what does he mean by that.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Marissa Gouverne
on May 13, 2016 at 7:14:54 am

Ah, right. I thought it might be an industry standard term so I thought I'd ask. Turns out even the director is kind of fuzzy on what they wanted so we're just giving them everything--thanks anyways!

Return to posts index

brian waz
on May 17, 2016 at 11:16:50 pm

did you do moves or separate elements to fake movement within the still? Head moving forward or arm raising? If so, they may want those comps for color correction to use the mattes (alpha channel) to make it easier.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]