FORUMS: list search recent posts

Segment Mode

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kathleen McAuley
Segment Mode
on May 10, 2016 at 12:30:50 am

Hello!
I'm working in Segment Drag Sync Locks Mode (8.5, OS), and it works fine when I am moving from right to left, but it loses it's mind when I am moving from left to right in the timeline. Does anyone know any tricks or work arounds?

Return to posts index

Kathleen McAuley
Re: Segment Mode
on May 11, 2016 at 8:33:35 pm

So no one wants to touch this one? LOL! I think it might be a glitch.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on May 12, 2016 at 1:52:57 pm

Maybe try some new user settings?

Michael

Return to posts index

Kathleen McAuley
on May 12, 2016 at 7:20:11 pm

That was the first thing we tried. Does it work on your 8.5?

Return to posts index

John Pale
on May 13, 2016 at 1:04:56 pm

What do you mean by "loses its mind"?

Return to posts index

Kathleen McAuley
on May 13, 2016 at 3:01:05 pm

If one moves a clip to the right, the mode will act accordingly by inserting into the sequence in the place where it was dropped. It you move it to the left, and release, it will drop in a random place, even splitting clips. Basically, it can be used in one direction, but not the opposite. We've been on many sites, and no one seems to have a solution. My editor just posted a video in the Avid Users group on FB. Marianne, from Avid, is usually very informative, but she is dealing with a family emergency. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated! Let me know if you need more details. We've tried everything we can think of. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Stephen Hill
on May 13, 2016 at 8:30:51 pm

Wild shot...Try changing the Edit Timebase in the format tab.

Return to posts index

Kathleen McAuley
on May 13, 2016 at 8:39:46 pm

The frame rate and edit timebase are matching right now, and match what we're shooting in (23.976). What would be the advantage of changing it? Also, the project isn't allowing that option. I can start a new project, but I'm not quite clear on why this would work.

Return to posts index

Stephen Hill
on May 13, 2016 at 10:11:17 pm

Our frame rate and edit timebase were conflicting and it resulted in some funky issues with the trim mode similar to the issues you were having with the segment mode. Thought it might be worth a shot.

Return to posts index

Kathleen McAuley
on May 13, 2016 at 11:13:17 pm

Yes, that does make sense. Ours are matching. Thanks for the suggestion though;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]