FORUMS: list search recent posts

NESTING a clip?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Paul
NESTING a clip?
on May 9, 2016 at 7:54:46 pm

I am a Premiere user. In Premiere I can just NEST about everything. In case you do not know how - here is how it works: I add a bunch of effects to a clip and then I nest the clip so all the effects and what not are inside the nested composition and inside my time line I have a ...virgin clip / vanilla clip (or whatever you want to call it) without any effects on it (the effects are inside the nesting on the clip) so I can add new effects to it.
I hope there are some Premiere users here / people who get what I was just trying to explain. Now here is my question: Is this possible in Avid and IF SO how? It adds a lot of flexibility. I am doing a video mix down on my clips in order to add something else on them if I can not add it with ALT drag yet that's annoying. If I could nest I would not have those problems.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: NESTING a clip?
on May 9, 2016 at 9:54:36 pm

Yes. It's called COLLAPSE CLIP. Select all the clips with the RED SELECTION arrow, or lasso them...and then COLLAPSE them. You might need to add the Collapse button or map it to your keyboard...it's in the Command Pallate in the OTHER tab.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]