FORUMS: list search recent posts

Turning video from NDF to DF

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Furie
Turning video from NDF to DF
on May 5, 2016 at 10:25:19 pm

Hello,

I have an Avid 7.0.4 project that I just started. It is a 30 NDF 1080p project. The main camera shot 30 NDF. There is a second camera that shot 23.976 DF.

I am trying to sync these clips together (group them) and I am having trouble. It says the audio needs to be the same. How do I make a DF clip into NDF?

I also had 23.976 audio which I used WaveAgent to create 30 audio! So, I just need the other problem fixed. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Turning video from NDF to DF
on May 5, 2016 at 10:51:06 pm

[Sarah Furie] "23.976 DF"

Impossible. 23.98 DF does not exist. No timecode numbers are dropped, like with DF 29.97.

[Sarah Furie] "I am trying to sync these clips together (group them) and I am having trouble. It says the audio needs to be the same. How do I make a DF clip into NDF"

You cannot group clips with differing frame rates in Avid. You need to convert one to the other, then group. 23.98 to 29.98 interlaced is the easier option...but really, this depends on what your deliverable is.

[Sarah Furie] "I also had 23.976 audio which I used WaveAgent to create 30 audio! So, I just need the other problem fixed. Thanks."

Audio doesn't have a frame rate...only a sample rate. 48k, 44.1...etc.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Sarah Furie
on May 5, 2016 at 10:54:28 pm

How can I convert from 23.976 NDF to 30 DF?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 5, 2016 at 11:23:45 pm

Compressor, Sorenson Squeeze, Adobe Media Encoder.

You can also put it onto a 29.97 timeline and then do a VIDEO MIXDOWN, and group that. But then you lose all connection to the original clip.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]