FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid 8.2-8.4 hanging for 30 minutes or more at "Initializing Media Streams Manager"

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Campbell
Avid 8.2-8.4 hanging for 30 minutes or more at "Initializing Media Streams Manager"
on May 5, 2016 at 4:38:51 pm

Hi there!

We have four "symphony" Avids and several "media composer" Avids running 8.2-8.4, and they all have the same issue now of booting for 30-45 minutes while hanging on "Initializing Media Streams Manager" for the bulk of the boot.

Avid Force has two articles that both state that removing the MMOB.msm (etc.) files will cause the Avid to boot correctly, but this has never worked for us in any way.

Does anyone have any clue what might be happening? Corrupt user settings? Site settings? Errant Avid MediaFiles? I've tried all this and more including registry fixes, uninstalling any old versions of Avid that might have been left behind, etc. Nothing works for more than a day or two, if it works at all. I've also tried booting with no drives attached as well as without fiber cards (we use Facilis TerraBlock for shared storage).

Thanks for any advice!

-Sean

Return to posts index

Sean Campbell
Re: Avid 8.2-8.4 hanging for 30 minutes or more at "Initializing Media Streams Manager"
on May 5, 2016 at 6:52:11 pm

I'm also getting this error during boot about 30% of the time.

ADirectSoundAudioDevRep::SetSampleRate() iActivePlayBufferReg is set to NULL.

I see no hits on Google regarding this error. When I see this, I click OK, the Avid crashes, and reboots, this time correctly.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Avid 8.2-8.4 hanging for 30 minutes or more at "Initializing Media Streams Manager"
on May 5, 2016 at 9:47:34 pm

Have you contacted Avid support? I'm presuming you have a basic support contract since it's pretty much mandatory these days.

This is precisely the type of error you should be contacting Avid about.

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on May 11, 2016 at 7:06:30 pm

Sean, you ever figure this out?

Return to posts index

Sean Campbell
on May 11, 2016 at 7:12:41 pm

Matthew, sadly I have not yet. I haven't had a chance to open a ticket with Avid Support either. I'll happily update here if I find any solutions; surely we aren't the only company out there dealing with this considering it's so widespread at our facility. Thank you for checking in.

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on May 11, 2016 at 7:39:56 pm

What have you done as far as troubleshooting so far?

Trashing Avid settings etc.?

Can you provide me with your company name here: matt@facilis.com

Return to posts index

Sean Campbell
on May 11, 2016 at 7:47:15 pm

I've tried deleting Avid Settings, User Settings, I've followed Avid's own page regarding the "media streams" hangup where you delete the two types of .msm files they recommend deleting, and I've even uninstalled Avid completely and all associated folders as well as, on two separate computers, reinstalled Windows and then fresh copies of Avid.

Some of this seems to work for a few days or even a few weeks, but eventually, it hangs again for times as low as 7-8 minutes with several Avids booting for around 35-45 minutes before either finishing the application load or erroring out and closing.

Return to posts index

Evan Anthony
on May 13, 2016 at 2:01:20 am

What video card are you using? Is Blackmagic this might be because the BM driver is not v10.5.4

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on May 13, 2016 at 8:06:32 pm

We were able to get this working by renaming the ManagedAMAFolders.xml file in Users/Public Documents/Avid Media Composer/AMA Management folder

Return to posts index

Sean Campbell
on May 13, 2016 at 8:08:33 pm

Many thanks to you, Matt. Absolute life-saver.

Take care out there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]