FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blank Source File Column

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Burgess
Blank Source File Column
on May 5, 2016 at 12:20:14 pm

So I accidentally forgot to copy my source file names before renaming clips for syncing and ordering. Now I need to refer back to them however the Source File column is coming up as blank, as is the Source Path which is a bit worrying.

I transcoded all of the footage in DaVinci to DNxHD keeping the file names. If I right click on any given file it will take me to it's source, it's just not showing up in the metadata.

Has anybody encountered this issue before? Is there something super obvious I am missing/doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Blank Source File Column
on May 9, 2016 at 2:57:42 pm

The first issue was that the settings were not correctly set in Resolve when making Avid media. You need to have a value in the REEL column before transcoding. That value will automatically be part of the TAPE column in Media Composer allowing you to change the clip's name to your heart's content without worrying about duplicating column, etc.

Have you created a bin view with all columns active? sometimes things show up in TapeID column depending on how media got created.

Once you write over a master clip in the bin, the info is lost and one recourse might be to go into the project Attic and pull out an earlier version of the bin before you lost that info.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]