FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apply TRIM TO FILL to clip with MOTION EFFECT ON?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Paul
Apply TRIM TO FILL to clip with MOTION EFFECT ON?
on May 3, 2016 at 10:23:59 pm

I've got a clip with upper fields (I am not exactly sure if it's upper fields or lower fields but there certainly is a field problem with the footage and it is "wonky". I am NOT able to import it again because this isn't my job so I have zero access to the original footage). In order to FIX it so it won't stutter around anymore/jump/be wiggly (what a professional way to describe it) I use the MOTION EFFECT and set it to Speed: 100%. Render 2-Field Motion Effect Using: Duplicated Field.

It all works. The footage isn't THAT bad anymore (playable- while the other footage before was just not usable). Now I have my ENTIRE footage fixed (more or less) and now I would like to apply a TRIM TO FILL to the new footage in my time line. The thing is: It's just not possible. I drag a TRIM TO FILL onto my fotoage which has the motion effect on it already and nothing happens. I don't get a warning or anything if I ALT Drag the Trim to fill effect on it. Now is it somehow possible to just NEST this part/clip with the motion effect on it already and then put the trim to fill on the nested "clean/effectless" clip? Maybe turn it into a subclip?
I've selected the clip and made a mixdown out of it and applied my trim to fill to the mix down. I do not like using mixdowns. It gives you no flexibility. What's there is there. If there is a nesting option (I am a Premiere Pro user) I wouldn't know how to pull that one off. I don't think I could copy that specific part into a new time line and then edit that new time line into my current time line?

Also if the Motion Effect solution was a bad solution for a field problem I am also open for any suggestions how to tackle that.

THANKS A MILLION
and I hope my question isn't too confusing

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]