FORUMS: list search recent posts

Image squeezing problems.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Harper
Image squeezing problems.
on May 3, 2016 at 4:24:51 pm

Hi all.

I've been working on a project which has been edited on AVID, sent to Resolve via .AAF for grading and brought back into AVID for the final export.
We followed the instructions on this page for help.

http://wolfcrow.com/blog/the-avid-to-resolve-workflow/

Everything worked fine up till bringing the project back into AVID, where it appears that the image has been squeezed in the export from DaVinci.

Original Image

After importing .AAF from DaVinci

Anyone have any ideas on how to solve it? I posted this in the DaVinci Resolve section as well, as I'm not sure if it is something to do with the export from DaVinci or whether I'm making an error with the import into AVID.

The camera files are RAW 4K WS Red footage and the final export will be in 1080p, if that has any bearings on what might be causing the problem.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Adam Harper
Re: Image squeezing problems.
on May 4, 2016 at 2:44:47 pm

BUMP

I added a resize effect and stretched it out, this solved the crop but of course the quality dropped. However, it seems the issue lies with the sequence as when I select the clips that have come from DaVinci, the squeezing problem vanishes and the quality is up to standard. Don't know if this might give a further indication of what the issue is?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Image squeezing problems.
on May 4, 2016 at 3:26:10 pm

Were the sources letterboxed or were they AMA linked and FrameFlex'd? What were the scaling set to in Resolve?

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]