FORUMS: list search recent posts

move graphic on new track without moving tracks underneath

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Paul
move graphic on new track without moving tracks underneath
on May 1, 2016 at 4:24:52 pm

So here is what I've got: A video on track 1 and a keyed graphic on track 2. Now I want to move (animate) the graphic on track 2. I am using the 3D Warp effect in order to move the graphic on track 2. Unfortunately whenever I move the graphic on track 2 I also move the entire video no track 1. I only want this effect to affect track 2. Leave track 1 alone, please. So how do I move something on its own without affecting any tracks beneath it?

The same goes for everything else of course. Say I want to enlarge something it will also enlarge every other track under it.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: move graphic on new track without moving tracks underneath
on May 1, 2016 at 4:45:26 pm

You don't need to add a 3D Warp effect. Just promote the graphic to 3D by clicking the 3D button in the lower right corner of the Effect Pallete. You should be able to move the graphic around and resize it without affecting the background if you do that.

Return to posts index

Michael Paul
on May 1, 2016 at 9:16:54 pm

How nice MATTE KEY has this 3d button. I am using RGBKeyer which does NOT have a 3d button. So thanks for your help yet the question remains and we are back at square 1. I don't mean to sound bitter. The non exisent logic behind Avid (give this effect a 3d button but the other one not) just boggles me.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on May 1, 2016 at 10:22:00 pm

Try nesting track 2 (do not include track 1 in the nest). Apply the 3D warp to the nest.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]