FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timeline Playhead disappearing -- MC 7.0.4.4 & OS 10.9.5

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eurie Chung
Timeline Playhead disappearing -- MC 7.0.4.4 & OS 10.9.5
on Apr 7, 2016 at 8:06:07 am

While working fine since September, just this week I have a situation where the play head (blue vertical line) disappears from the timeline about 10 minutes after launching. Re-launching or re-starting gets it back initially but then it disappears along with other timeline functions like key framing audio with the keyboard shortcuts.

We have tried going back to the default timeline settings, creating new user profile and deleting waveform cache. Any and all other suggestions welcome!

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Timeline Playhead disappearing -- MC 7.0.4.4 & OS 10.9.5
on Apr 7, 2016 at 11:18:40 am

I would uninstall and reinstall MC first.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Eurie Chung
on Apr 13, 2016 at 4:59:50 am

This may not help anyone else experiencing this problem, but it did fix it for us. The bluetooth Magic Mouse was behaving erratically and not consistently with the settings in the System Preferences. Turning it off, using a wired mouse, and then re-connecting via Bluetooth actually solved the problem.

Return to posts index

Mark Holbrook
on Apr 7, 2016 at 9:24:15 pm

It's been happening to me as well. I've noticed that it occurs after I've placed a marker/locator on my timeline. Then, if I zoom into my timeline and then zoom back out, it disappears...EVERY TIME! If I don't zoom in, it doesn't disappear. It does this ONLY if I add a marker/locator. I haven't been able to rectify this issue. It's quiet annoying.

Return to posts index

Sharon Stiles
on Apr 15, 2016 at 4:12:51 pm

This happens sometimes to me as well, usually when I'm in colour correction mode. A colleague found a workaround. Add an effect (like a resize) to a clip and the blue line comes back. You can remove the effect and the blue line stays.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]