FORUMS: list search recent posts

PMM_Insufficient Media

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph D'Ovidio
PMM_Insufficient Media
on Apr 3, 2016 at 3:35:26 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm getting "EXCEPTION: PMM_INSUFFICIENT MEDIA" as an error when I load some auto synced sub clips in my project.

AVID 8.4.2 (& created another in AVID 6 with same outcome)
Alexa .mxf DNXHD36 rushes 24fps
.Wav production sound 25fps

Loaded the video in a 24fps project
Loaded the audio in a 25fps project
All clips play fine in both projects before I synced

Final deliverable is 25fps, so auto synced the rushes in the 25fps project.
Just under half of the synced clips show up this message when I try to view them.
Some clips at 20 seconds, others are 20 minutes - what's bizarre is that many of the clips are working.

The error doesn't happen if I open the auto synced clips in a 24fps project.

Any idea how to fix? No one I know has had this issue in this way. A huge thanks in advance, guys

Joe | Offline Edit Assistant

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: PMM_Insufficient Media
on Apr 4, 2016 at 1:09:40 pm

The first thing I would questions is why shoot 24.000 for a 25.000 delivery unless you have 23.976 and DCP deliveries as well.

And if that is the case, I question why record 25fps TC on audio when picture is a 24 - those should be the same to make post a little easier.

And with all that being said - try importing the 25fps TC audio into the 24fps project. Audio does not have a frame rate other than a rate defined by calculating samples from midnight. You will be prompted for a frame rate when importing, choose 25, MC will recalculate for the 24fps project and see if your errors go away.

Issue here is that timecode will get converted so EDL's back to original BWF files will not be correct. You can change all the timecodes within the files (I recommend on a copy) to 24 using Sound Design's WaveAgent. The import into MC. Wave Agent allows TC to be recalculated or not. See which one best fits your needs. Speak to your audio post folks if possible.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]