FORUMS: list search recent posts

Assertion failed Error message when trying to play certain clips in a bin

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jackie Tyler
Assertion failed Error message when trying to play certain clips in a bin
on Mar 25, 2016 at 12:39:44 pm

I'm running a project on V8.1 on a 2015 MacBook Pro that was started on a PC. I've copied some of the media onto a portable drive and most of it plays and works fine but certain clips, when I double click on them to try and play them give me this message:

Assertion failed: (pChoiceNode)!=0
File:
/Snapshots/relengmtnllon3_1406253623/coresw/ame/src/ColorManagement/ColorTransformationXmlFactory.cpp,
Line: 142

The weird thing is, is that I can play the clips within the bin in script view and pressing play on the thumbnail, it's only when I try and view it in the composer window that it gives me this message.

Any theories on what's going on?

Any help much appreciated!

Return to posts index

anton short
Re: Assertion failed Error message when trying to play certain clips in a bin
on Jul 11, 2017 at 1:53:19 pm

Hi Jackie

You've probably forgotten this now but I have the same problem - did you ever manage to fix it?

Thanks Anton

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
Re: Assertion failed Error message when trying to play certain clips in a bin
on Jul 12, 2017 at 2:16:08 am

Are the clips your having issues with AMA Linked or were they imported or transcoded to MXF OP Atom files.

Either way quit Avid first and then navigate to your Avid MediaFiles/MXF folder. In there you will see at least one numbered folder and in each numbered folder there will be two files named msmFMID.pmr and msmMMOB.mdb. Delete these files and then start Avid up again, if there's a lot of media it may take Avid a bit of time to rebuild those Databases.

This may not help but I've suggested it because the Databases PC's build are not completely compatible with the Mac Version of Avid and Vice Versa. I've fixed many issues by deleting these and letting Avid rebuild them in the past including playback issues like you are having.

If they are AMA Linked then make sure you have the correct AMA Plugin Version installed on your system.

Hope this helps.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTO: If you think three copies of your media or project are enough.
Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]