FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can I Pre-set track patches?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua Pearson
Can I Pre-set track patches?
on Mar 23, 2016 at 5:21:51 pm

I am relatively new to Avid, coming from FCP7 and X, and Premiere... I am liking it, especially Scriptsync! It is the answer to my prayers. I wish I had switched sooner just for that.

As I slowly get used Avid's more stringent track-patching methods, I find myself wishing I could assign a key command to my two main track patches that I use habitually... the "default" dialog editing patch, which (on this project anyway) is v1-v1, a1-a1, a2-a2 (pretty simple) and my "b-roll" editing patch, which is v1-v2, a1-a6, a2-a7 (sometimes more when I have lots of production audio)... I know about the "restore patch default" menu command and I can assign that to a key, and I have assigned my number keys to the corresponding track numbers (using shift-number for audio tracks), and I have "auto patch" turned on, but i find to use my track key commands I have to "turn off" (ctrl-A) all the record-side tracks and then hit my buttons to patch the tracks... hard to put into words...

In short, am i missing a way to "save" certain track patches that I use a lot, and assign them with one key stroke?

thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Can I Pre-set track patches?
on Mar 23, 2016 at 5:54:56 pm

Don't think that's possible. Is that possible in Premiere? Nice idea, for sure...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Joshua Pearson
on Mar 23, 2016 at 7:09:39 pm

not possible in Premiere... i just talked to a long-time avid editor who says not possible, but he uses the auto patching / keys-for-tracks / turn-everything-off-first then hit buttons method, but he cleverly uses Quick Keys to assign multiple tracks to one keystroke... i gotta get me some of that.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Mar 25, 2016 at 4:40:59 pm

It would be possible with a macro setup, but not natively.

I have a similar setup built into my Avid Control touchscreens and my old G13 keypad... adding audio to broll, once my picture is locked.

1 key punch to select Video track 1, set an in and out point, go to in point, match frame turn all tracks off, turn on track 1 and 2 audio, switch to timeline side, turn all tracks off, turn on tracks 3 and 4 audio, perform edit.

I can jump through a fairly large timeline very quickly and swap out all the broll audio by simply placing my blue timeline marker on a clip and hitting the button.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]