FORUMS: list search recent posts

Conforming a 90 minute movie, finalizing in premiere

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ludmil Kazakov
Conforming a 90 minute movie, finalizing in premiere
on Mar 17, 2016 at 4:00:03 am

Guys.. i have a tricky question...

1. I have a movie which was edited with AMA link, then converted entirely in MXF 1:!1 and now we need to go back to original media, which is located on another drive.. whats the best way to do that.

2. we need to export AAF or EDL from avid and reconnect everyone in premiere.. has anyone successfully done that?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Conforming a 90 minute movie, finalizing in premiere
on Mar 17, 2016 at 2:14:50 pm

Did you move the original media after you AMA linked? Or is it on the same drive that you linked from, but different drive than the converted media? Hope so, that's the way you should do it. If you did, then I'd duplicate the sequence, open the AMA media bins, and relink to the originals.

THEN I'd try to export an AAF to Premiere...so it brings over the linked originals. I don't think there's any way to export an AAF to Premiere, and then try to relink. Media Management is not Premiere's forte....

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Mar 17, 2016 at 3:09:30 pm

The fact that you transcoded to 1:1 doesn't change the process of creating an AAF or EDL as either of those will reflect the original file name used to create the MXF media. Since you want to conform to camera originals, then it is a matter of just generating either the AAF and EDL and then it is up to Premiere to conform to the camera originals. As an example, with Resolve, you would add the camera originals to the Media Pool, import the AAF and choose "link to camera originals".

Michael

Return to posts index

Ludmil Kazakov
on Mar 17, 2016 at 3:27:55 pm

yes MXF files are on one drive, originals on another with same file names.. but originals were AMA linked

so what if we go trough resolve and then to Premiere? is that the way to do it?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Mar 17, 2016 at 4:14:31 pm

It might be - I am not familiar as to how Premiere works for relinking to really be able to give you steps, but Resolve has certainly been used before as a Rosetta Stone to get timelines back and forth between various NLE's. Give it a short test sequence and let us know.

Michael

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 17, 2016 at 6:07:30 pm

OR...edit in Avid...AAF to Resolve, relink to originals...grade, render out separate files, XML to Premiere for whatever finishing you need done there...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ludmil Kazakov
on Mar 17, 2016 at 9:35:09 pm

what we need to do is finish the movie in premiere.. (please dont ask why).. just want to migrate the project to premiere form Avid and go from there.. any ideas? anyone done that before?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]