FORUMS: list search recent posts

New problem with extracting material

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Rogalinski
New problem with extracting material
on Mar 8, 2016 at 8:15:43 pm

Hoping someone has an answer to this...

I am having a consistent problem... Whenever I do a cut (extract) on the timeline my effect transition time is cut in half and only shows on the left side of the transition. It's not because I don't have enough handle room. It happens all of the time. It happens on audio tracks too. I believe this was a problem with Avid many generations ago that was addressed and corrected. Anyone have any guess as to why this is happening to me all of a sudden? Please message me if you have a solution.
steve@sjrog.com
Thanks much!

Steven J Rogalinski

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: New problem with extracting material
on Mar 9, 2016 at 3:28:27 pm

You are saying you have two shots next to each other with say a dissolve in between. If you extract the second shot, the dissolve gets buggered up? I'm not seeing this in 8.5 PC

Glenn

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: New problem with extracting material
on Mar 9, 2016 at 4:29:28 pm

Not seeing this with 8.5 Mac on 10.10.11 either. Nor on 8.5 10.9.5. I didn't comment because I've never seen this behavior. Transition Preservation was introduced in Media Composer 3, I believe, and always worked. You know, you might need to trash the Avid preferences. Preference Manager from DigitalRebellion.com is free, and does that...even for Avid.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]