FORUMS: list search recent posts

C300 footage and Avid MC 7?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marissa Gouverne
C300 footage and Avid MC 7?
on Mar 3, 2016 at 6:25:25 pm

Hey All!

I'm totally stuck on an issue with some footage from the newest line of Canon C300 cameras.

When I try AMA linking to the MXF, I get a pop up that says Encountered exception 'Exception: Unsupported Pixel Format'. If I try importing, I get the '"Segmentation fault" in thread "MainThread"' pop up, and then Avid crashes completely.

I should also add that the MXFs won't play in VLC (only shows a green screen, but does play audio!), but will play in the Canon software that comes with the camera (says my producer--I haven't actually seen it, though).

Working with a mac osx 10.9.5 and avid mc 7.0.4

Any ideas are very welcome.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: C300 footage and Avid MC 7?
on Mar 3, 2016 at 7:29:18 pm

Make sure you install ALL the AMA plugins, not just the one for the C300. Avid might also need the MXF AMA plugin, I'm not sure. I just know that I tried AMA linking with just the C300 plugin and it didn't work. I added all of them, and it worked. So, do that. And make sure you have the latest versions of each.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Marissa Gouverne
on Mar 3, 2016 at 8:43:50 pm

Well, here's a wrench in the matter too--

The latest of the C300 plugins (v.3) is only available for Avid 8.4 and up. Given that this is one of the newest C300 models, I'm led to believe that this version might be required to link. The problem is I can't just update my Avid because we still need MC 7 in order to work with scriptsync, which was discontinued in 8.

Any creative solutions?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 3, 2016 at 8:47:09 pm

OH, this is the C300 Mark II? Ahhh.

Well, you can try EditReady, from DivergentMedia.com. Free demo available. Use it to make DNxHD Quicktimes, and then fast/import or AMA link/consolidate them into the system. Or use those as new masters and AMA Link and transcode to offline Dnx36 or 14:1.

I'll have to see if I can find some C300 Mark II footage to test.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Per Scaffidi
on Apr 6, 2016 at 4:27:32 pm

I'm not sure if this still works with your system and the MKII, but in the past I would use to Canon's XF utility to bring up the clips and go to Edit>Export MXF. This unwraps the MXF files and drops them in a new folder. Then drop those MXF files into media composer, and it will Quick Import them.

It's a little roundabout but it skips AMA and any sort of relinking shenanigans.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]