FORUMS: list search recent posts

Basic relink via AMA

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Hensen
Basic relink via AMA
on Feb 19, 2016 at 6:34:25 pm

I have used the same workflow for the past two years to online.

As of this week, it has all the sudden stopped working. Anyone have any idea what might have changed? Something obvious I'm missing?

I know I should technically be saving my original AMA bins for dailies, but I haven't in the past and the relink still worked fine. I would just create new ones, load the media and have it in open bins before relinking, and voila everything relinks instantly. All the usual suspects are satisfied in the relink interface (see screenshot below).

I haven't updated MC. Still working in 7.0.5. The raw is F5 XAVC 100. I have trashed some index files in my AMA management - not sure if that matters, but I load footage on many different stations (usually not on my own client) and the workflow I use has worked flawlessly in the past.

I'm getting desperate. Any thoughts are more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

-Jon

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
Re: Basic relink via AMA
on Feb 20, 2016 at 1:21:59 am

well, yeah, those files in AMA Management are probably the critical ones. You can fix it by relinking to your original files, close all other bins, then with only those relinked files highlighted in a separate bin, select , "Selected Items in All open Bins". Hit OK. That should fix things.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Basic relink via AMA
on Feb 20, 2016 at 5:33:38 pm

The usual suspects are not set up correctly in your screen shot. You are currently setup to relink to media using a database. This would be avid created media available to your system, in an MXF/* folder setup. As Bill said, you need to select the button lower on the screen. "Relink to selected media in open bins"

I always tell people to keep their original ama bins, but that is really for convenience, especially for large shoots. If you don't mind spending the time rebuilding all your links, then it doesn't really matter.

I would also suggest thinking about upgrading. The whole ama workflow keeps getting better with each release.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]